Friday, January 4, 2008

Eraserhead: The Movie AND the Dream


I had a dream wherein an embalmed cow fetus was living in my bedroom, crying all night, and then I went to church where a dumpy white woman with buttered scones pasted to her cheeks (or was it mashed potatoes?) was singing "I'm In Heaven When You Smile" by Van Morrison, and a tree was bleeding maple syrup all over the floor, and the woman hugged me and I woke up next to David Lynch.

Weird, uh-huh.

And I really only wanted to see this movie ever since Alex Lifeson sported a huge Eraserhead button on his lapel during the Permanent Waves 1980 World Tour. And so now, I must live with the knowledge that human brain matter can be made into suitable rubber eraser tips in the pencil manufacturing industry…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I did wear the button, but I don't remember seeing the movie